I am a 47-year-old mother of one son and grandmother to a beautiful 6 year-old little girl. I was born and for the most part raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have lived in various places across this great country of ours… Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado, Florida, and spent a summer in Oklahoma. Despite my location, I’ve always loved writing and story telling. From a very young age, I was creating stories to tell my family and friends.
I currently hold an Associate of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Anthropology.
I spend a great deal of a time with my family and friends, loving this country, loving God, and waiting patiently for my
“you never realize how boring your life is until someone asks you what you like to do for fun”
After receiving many requests, I have made the decision to offer my services of copy editing to new authors that are on a budget, but want a good editor. My rates are reasonable with the Indie and Self-Published Authors in mind. Many editors can charge $25 to $50 per hour (5 to 10 pages or $2.50 to $5 a page) for basic editing services. If there is heavy editing performed that rate can skyrocket!
However, I am well aware that many new authors are on a budget and cannot afford such prices. Therefore, I am offering a flat rate for basic editing of $1 per page for the first 100 pages with each additional page costing a mere $.50. Rates for heavy editing are as follows: $1.50 per page for the first 100 pages with each additional page costing only $.75.
Basic editing involves the following:
- Correct misspelled or misused words
- Basic grammar corrections
- Correcting misused punctuation
- Ensure consistent style and tone in a multi-author manuscript.
- Ensure consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, and capitalization.
- Content only is checked.
- The errors will be highlighted, corrected, and a comment added to the document on those changes.
Heavy editing involves the following:
- All of the components of basic editing
- Track the continuity of the plot, setting, and character traits, and notate the discrepancies (fiction manuscripts)
- Research the data and facts in non-fiction manuscripts, ensuring proper citation.
- Notate ambiguous or incorrect statements
- Change passive to active voice (by request only)
- Eliminate wordiness and inappropriate jargon (by request only)
- Ensure proper flow of transitions and moving sentences to improve readability
- Assigning new levels to heads to achieve logical structure (non-fiction)
- Suggest additions and deletions, notating in comments
- Errors will be highlighted and notated in the comments of the document, with suggests for rewording
Standard formatting of eBooks and hard copies are also available. The rates for eBook formatting are $15 to $25 depending on length. The rate for formatting hard copies is a set price of $40.
For more information on copy-editing services please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via one of the links below.
I am also available for book cover design consultation. Rates generally begin at $20 depending on the design.
You can also follow me on:
Each day I am 6 feet above ground is a good day!